Blog Archive

1/1/09

Todai



Dec31, 2008
11750L Fair Oaks Mall,
Fairfax, VA‎

Environment & Service: 80
Food Quality: 70
Price: 60
Average: 70



Detail Review:

I was in Hong Kong to have my 3 months vacation on 2005; and I went to my first Todai restaurant which gave me a very good impression. Even if the price was relatively expensive, I felt very satisfied with the service and the food quality. There were unlimited sashimi, uni, big shimps, small lobsters, etc. Not only the food quantity was impressive, but also its quality. The Hong Kong Todai put unlimited expensive seafood in front of you, it was amazing.

I did not have chance to go to Hong Kong Todai with my wife, so we decided to go to the VA Todai at her B-day. We drove 75 mins to VA; and reached Todai at 7:30pm. There were 150 people; and almost all of them were Asian. I could not wait to check on the buffet counters. There were ~7 types of hot dishes, ~2 types of soup, ~10 types of rolls, ~10 types of sushi, and 3 types of sashimi. I was a bit disappointed because few types of food presented; and I could not see my favor UNI (saw the plate, but it was empty) and SoftShell Crab (Not serving at all) which were listed on the online menu. After a few mins of searching, I asked the chef to give me some UNI sushi. I also ask her to give me some sashimi because only a few piece were left on the sashimi plate. She was very helpful to provide what I wanted, but the UNI sushi and Sashimi plate were not reloaded. I was a bit upset. Anyway, Let's talk about other food, most of the hot dishes were not good, but they still provided the big shrimps and small lobsters. The BBQ ribs were very bad. The sushi quality were relatively good. The dessert was very good, for example the pan cake was good. The enviroment in todai is relative comforatable than its at Tokyo; but 30 dallors a person is too expensive. I might not go there again because of total 3 hrs driving, average food quality and limited amount of food choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment